Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Definitive 200

The Definitive 200 is the list that the National Association of Recording Merchandisers (NARM) and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame came up with for music lovers, or something. Not surprisingly enough, the list is consists of albums that sold a ton with some artists of minimum talent (though perspective may vary). And of course, The Beatles is #1.

I printed out the list to see how many album I own on the list, for a minute I thought I own none of it, but it turns out I own 10 out of 200 albums that’s on the list. Including:

  • The Marshall Mathers LP by Eminem

  • Speakerboxx/The Love Below by Outkast

  • Get Rich or Die Tryin’ by 50 Cent

  • American Idiot by Green Day

  • Eminem Show by Eminem

  • Hybrid Theory by Linkin Park

  • OK Computer by Radiohead

  • Diary of Alicia Keys by Alicia Keys

  • The Black Albumby Jay-Z

  • Dangerously In Love by Beyonce


  • 7 out the 10 album are hip-hop and R&B, so does it mean that I own more classic hip-hop and R&B album than classic rock albums? And the funny thing is, only about 21% of the albums that I brought are actually hip-hop and R&B. So this means that I only buy mainstream, top-selling hip-hop album? I guess.

    God, I knew I should have brought Nevermind and Ten.

    No comments: