Wednesday, December 26, 2007

When You're Really Bored (Make Your Own Calendar)

During the Christmas break from school, I basically have nothing to do. As the new year approaches, I became really bored and began to do crazy things. Like making a calendar myself, with album arts that I re-drew as visuals.

I can't quite remember how this idea came to me, it was one of those things that just jumps out. It didn't occur to me there wasn't a lot of great album art that I can draw from. Most of the albums that I own have some really simple and/or abstract art that was not easy to recreate. But I did managed to pick out a few, here is four of them:

The cover from Nine Inch Nails' Year Zero
The reason I drew this was mostly because it's one of the only album cover that has some sort of clear image on it. After I drew it, it looked too plain, and still weird.


And here's my favorite one, the cover of Era Vulgaris by Queens of the Stone Age. It's easy to draw and it's an interesting picture.I guess this was the album cover that gave me the idea of doing a calendar with album arts.


Another one that was great to draw because it's distinguished and interesting was the album cover of In the Aeroplane Over the Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel. I love the drum-faced lady, it's creepy in a good way.


The fourth one is also from In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, this time is the back cover. I'm running out of materials, but it's an awesome picture to draw.


I'll be drawing more, next stop should be some pictures inside the booklet of OK Computer. Yay!

No comments: