Friday, August 22, 2008

And You Can Be the First to Know!



After hearing that Obama is expected reveal who his running mate is today, I signed up for his vice president text-alert (just text "VP to 62262). Though I'm not an Obama fanatic, that desire for immediate knowledge drove me to do it.

Maybe that's why I'm tensed up all day.

The way that Obama embrace technology is certainly giving him more connection to the younger, can't-live-without-my-cellphone crowd, and a large group of his supporters are indeed young voters. This ploy also gives the media more reasons to cover him, I mean, the coming reveal of Obama's running mate seems more publicized than McCain's. In the age of the Internet and technology, you can't just stick to TV ads and newspaper anymore.

Of course, this "first to know" text message plan is already boiling some hoaxes for giggles. Come on, Elliot Spitzer ain't a bad choice.

No comments: